The 5th Annual Superior Christmas Gift GuideNovember 22nd, 2022 | by Elizabeth | Posted in gift guide, home & garden
The season of giving is here! With Thanksgiving just a few days away, it feels like the perfect time to share our annual roundup of home-inspired gift ideas. This year, amid old favorites and new discoveries, there’s something for everyone — the amateur chef, the hostess, the design lover (I went in a whole new, chinoiserie-inspired direction this year), the traveler, and more.
P.S. Can y’all believe we’ve been doing this for FIVE years?? Traditions have a way of snowballing into something so much bigger than we first imagined, don’t they? What traditions does your family enjoy this time of the year? I’d love to hear in the comments below!
21 Home-Inspired Gift Ideas
1. / Emmanuel Advent by Ruth Chou Simons: This is my chosen advent for 2022. I adore Ruth Chou Simons and have already gifted this book several times this year. It’s absolutely beautiful.
2. / White Christmas Tree Plate: Who doesn’t love a blue and white Christmas tree plate? It’s ceramic, has a beautiful gold edge, and is perfect for setting out small bites, Santa’s cookies, or as decor.
3. / Cane & Rattan Display Boxes: I LOVE caning, and these beautiful storage options are the perfect size for a bookcase — so functional! The glass lid makes it easy to stack these or top them with other decor to create a pretty vignette.
4. / Safavieh Oriental Snowflake Area Rug: This area rug is blue and white, a reasonable price, and is a timeless classic all year ‘round. It’s also stain-resistant, and who doesn’t love that? An easy win.
5. / Chinoiserie-Inspired Wine Bucket: For chilling all the Christmas beverages!! This beautiful combination of ceramic, porcelain, and cane will make any table feel special. Bonus: It’s perfect for summer, too.
6. / Staffordshire Dog Salt & Pepper Shaker: Because any blue-and-white collector worth their salt has to have a set of Staffordshire dogs! (See what I did there??) These are especially perfect for that friend or family member with a precious fur baby.
7. / Faux Bamboo Party Bucket: Because we all need a party bucket, and one with a bamboo design is divine! This one is ceramic and holds up to 6 bottles of wine. Perfect for holiday gatherings or summer barbecues.
8. / Mini Ginger Jar Tree Ornaments: Okay, these are the cutest ginger jar ornaments! As a ginger jar collector, having these in miniature is a dream come true. They’re perfect for decorating the tree or as shelf decor all year long.
1. Bamboo Charcuterie Board: There’s something about a charcuterie board that brings people together. This one is especially functional, with trays for smaller items (like spiced nuts) and a secret pull-out drawer for the cheese knives and jam spreaders.
2. Retro Espresso Machine: I just love this ‘50s retro espresso machine in green. When you have items in your home that bring a smile to your face, it uplifts your whole day. This gift is perfect for the coffee-lover with a cute kitchen.
3. Rechargeable Hand Warmers: We all have that friend (or spouse) who is always cold. Believe me, these rechargeable hand warmers will change their lives this season. Perfect for at-home use or in the outdoors. (Never freeze through a bowl game again!)
4. Romantic Cooler Glass in Green: Dishware is always a practical gift, but it can be difficult to find a style that matches what your recipient already has. These green cooler glasses are versatile, have fun texture, and will work well with most color palettes. Win-win!
5. Retro 2-Slice Toaster in Cream: This darling toaster is the perfect accompaniment to the espresso machine, or it can stand on its own. Perfect for those who love vintage pieces, Mad Men, and simpler times.
6. Relax Girl Soy Wax Candle: This candle smells divine, with notes of eucalyptus, peppermint, clove, cedar, patchouli, and vanilla sweet water. It’s warm yet fresh, with a 40-hour burn time and toxin-free soy wax. Yes, please.
7. Ceramic Match Holders with Striker: Look how cute these are! They are the perfect tiny vessels for holding matchsticks in a kitchen, bathroom, or bedroom. Pair these with a beautiful candle, and your recipient is in for a relaxing evening at home.
8. Round Woven Wicker Rattan Basket: I probably wouldn’t give a basket all by itself, but there’s something so fun about gifting items that have other items inside. Baskets are always practical for storage and can be filled with a beautiful throw blanket (see #13) or other items for coziness at home.
9. Jewelry Organizer Bag: For the friend or family member who travels during the year, this jewelry organizer bag is a great way to keep those small items safe and ready for a special night out. (I think we all know the pain of misplacing a single earring.)
10. Electric USB Lighter: If you haven’t tried an electric lighter yet, you’re in for a surprise. These are SO convenient, safe, and easy to use. Simply charge it via USB, switch it on, and light those wicks. A great gift to pair with a candle!
11. Oflamn Overnight Bag Set: Another gift for the traveler, this time on a larger scale. This overnight duffel bag set offers a ton of storage space and comes in a beautiful pattern. It’s easily recognizable (so it won’t get mixed up with look-alikes at the airport), but without being busy. Love it.
12. Removable Vintage Wallpaper in Peacock: Adhesive wallpapers are perfect for all ages. Whether you’re a mother whose kids are always changing their minds or YOU want to try new styles or colors without the commitment of more permanent wallpaper, this is an easy option to stir up your household’s creativity.
13. Woven Cotton Throw Blanket: In my opinion, you can never have too many blankets. Or more accurately, you can never have too many soft and cozy blankets. They are perfect for sofas, chairs, beds, and even home offices. Put this blanket in the wicker rattan basket (#8), add a candle, a beautiful mug, and a packet or two of your favorite spiced cider, and you have a gift everyone will love.
There you have it — 21 gift ideas for the special people on your list. Did you find what you were looking for? Did these items inspire other ideas? Tell us below so we know for next year!
And- I have to put this in here, but we will make a small commission from any purchase you make from one of our links- and that helps us keep this blog going. So thank you!!
Until next month, we wish y’all a beautiful Thanksgiving surrounded by love, good food, and happy memories.