Cozy Fall Decorating Tips & Game Day FunOctober 11th, 2022 | by Elizabeth | Posted in activities, bonus rooms, design, home & garden, outdoors, remodeling, trends
Fall was my favorite season long before it was cool for fall to be your favorite season. I bet y’all remember those times too…before all the cute images and memes of pumpkins hit the interwebs, before spiced lattes became Insta-famous (y’all know what I’m talking about), and before the cozy knit sweaters were trendy.
Back then, I got used to hearing “but whyyyy do you like fall?” For me, I think it has to do with beginnings: the beginning of a new school year, the beginning of football (can I get an amen??), and the beginning of a season where we all spend more time at home. And I’ve always been a homebody.
These days, I’m in good company — most people love fall just as much as I do. And why shouldn’t you?? It’s a chance to get cozy, cheer on our favorite teams and players, and enjoy the natural beauty of the season. You’re already convinced, right? Great.
Now, let’s help you translate that excitement into a home that helps you embrace the season. This week, I’m sharing some fun decorating tips and picks for 3 of my favorite fall festivities:
- The cozy reading nook, for quiet nights at home
- Picks for game day tailgating (or backyard bbq’ing) in style
- Games and decor for family game night
Fall Decorating Tips: The Cozy Reading Nook
There’s nothing like curling up under a warm blanket with a steaming mug and your latest page-turner. (Y’all know I love to read.) If you ask me, a cozy reading nook is a year-round essential, but in fall, it just feels right. Place it next to your crackling fireplace, and it can’t be beat. Add a quiet house into the mix, and I’d say it’s more soothing and restorative than a spa day.
So, what do I suggest for creating the coziest reading nook in your home?
- Cassia mug, for your hot beverage of choice
- Wall art, to create a soothing and thoughtful environment
- Pompom throw pillow, for a touch of comfort and style
- Abstract stripe throw pillow, to coordinate with any color scheme
- Chunky knit throw, for warmth, comfort, and style
- Button-tufted ottoman, for putting your feet up
- Floor lamp, for reading and housing your beverage of choice
- Round border area rug, with a classic, calming design
- Accent arm chair, for a classic look and comfortable seat
- The Great American House book, for obvious reasons
- Woven basket, to keep blankets or other items on hand
Game Day Tailgating & Barbecuing in Style
Okay, y’all have had your cozy nights and now you’re ready for some football fun, right? If you are tailgating at the big game, why not do it in style? I have some go-to favorites that will make this day extra fun, including a few items that are customizable in your team’s color. (Orange for UT, right??) If you’re barbecuing with family and friends at home, these are just as applicable. Make it an event to remember.
- BBQ caddy to keep all of your essentials in one well-organized place
- Solo stove firepit, perfect for portable fireside fun
- Tailgate canopy, to stay cool in the shade before the game
- Tennessee Vols banner, for showing off your team spirit
- Tennessee Vols tassel garland, to easily decorate your tailgate spot
- Football field charcuterie board, perfect for setting out a spread of game day snacks
- Glass beverage dispenser, for keeping beverages cold and easily accessible
- Burger press caddy, prep your burgers at home and bring them to the tailgate, mess-free
- Fall football napkins, cute and necessary for those unavoidable messes
- Picnic time outdoor chair, for comfort and extra storage!
- Touchdown shirt, because confidence is key
- UT stir stick set, for those delicious mixed drinks
- Game day shatterproof cup, for the kids and messy adults
- Tailgate essentials gift box, full of all your Tennessee Vols favorites
- Cuisinart take-along grill stand, to keep your grill at the right height for easy prep
- 12-Volt cooler/warmer, for keeping your snacks at the perfect temperature on the go
- Hitch-mounted grill, versatile and super convenient for traveling
Family Game Night Essentials
The big game is over, the Vols won, and you’re ready to keep the competition going with board game night. If your family is anything like mine, game night can get a little heated. (And you’ll need that reading nook again when it’s over.) But with a space that is filled with fun, there should be something for everyone, win or lose!
- Mr. Potato artwork, to add some whimsical fun to your space
- Slinky artwork, for a vintage, playful feel (you remember these, right?)
- Dice artwork, perfect for game night inspiration
- Washable floral distressed area rug, for versatile style that is easily cleaned
- Tufted storage bench, great for tucking games away and adding seating
- Connect 4, a game for all ages and generations
- Kids wooden bowling set, for easy indoor fun (keep these away from windows)
- Giant wooden dominoes, a big twist on a classic game
- Lift-top coffee table, perfect for keeping games, drinks, and snacks at the right height
- “The Hygge Game” & “Things They Don’t Teach You in School”, for fun with friends
- Silicone popcorn maker, for an easy and quick classic snack
- Popcorn seasoning set, with fun flavors for any palate (great idea!)
That’s it for now, but if you’re looking to dress up some other spaces in your home this season, check out my cozy winter decorating tips. Many of these are just as appropriate for fall. Oh, and have some fun with it!
Until next time, I wish you a happy fall, filled with big wins, family memories, and all the coziness you crave.
Note: If you use the affiliate links in this blog post to purchase any of these items, I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting our business!